HELLO

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Short & Sweet: Elopement Bridal Inspiration for Curvy Brides


              

Creator/Fashion Blogger of Clothe Your Curves

“Going to the chapel and we’re…going to married!”

Images via modcloth.com
Having a huge wedding bash is not always the ideal setting for some brides. Small and intimate occasion with a few friends and family or even just the two of you can be just as romantic. 
Elopements are on the rise for a number of reasons, but at the end of the day; you still want to feel and look like a bride!
Image Kiyonna.com
Wedding dress shopping can be one of the more stressful parts of wedding planning. However, if you are a curvier, full figured bride, a day of fun dress shopping can be even more of a challenge. Wedding dresses tend to be cut small, so often times when the max size of some boutiques is an 18; it’s really a 16! And we all know how critical those extra 2 inches at any size can be. 
Image via Monifc.com

Image via ASOS.com

The most important thing to remember when shopping is choosing the right fit.  That actually applies to any shopping trip!

Image via Davidsbridal.com
Don’t be afraid to shop online. In doing so, you bring the designers to you. I highly suggest using the size chart and purchasing the size that is closest. Alterations can always be made to get the best fit.
shopping trip, but your wedding day is without a doubt is when you want to look beyond amazing!
What I love about elopement dresses is that they do not have to fit the mold of an ordinary wedding dress. They can match your destination, be short and sweet, vintage of mode. The best part is unlike a traditional wedding dress; you can wear it again depending on the style!

Intimate weddings allow you to be more relaxed, surrounded by those you know and love, so you can focus on what’s important…Getting married of course!

Here are a few more of my favorites available in sizes up to 24.




Which styles are your favorite? Eloping? What are your wedding plans?

6 comments:

  1. Ugh the bridal sizing drives me (and other brides) crazy! It is beyond me why they can't just use 'street' sizes, I am loving that two piece though, it's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol @ "street sizes", but I agree! If bridal sizing was the same as every day wear, shopping in store as well as online would be so much easier1

      Delete
  2. These are good tips. I love the stylish dresses you've suggested. I'm a big fan of vintage and the Kiyonna dress is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy you liked them! Every time I do a bridal posting, I get to shop vicariously through each post! I love vintage styles too. My wedding was an Art Deco theme!

      Delete
  3. Intimate weddings are one of my faves, and so agree that this is where you can really have fun with your attire, and you can also look like a "bride" if you want to for your special day. I love that first lace dress picture, and a big fan of Kiyonna's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My party planner knew well how to manage and juggle all the vendors and even helped me book them at a discount by combining their services (i.e. the decor rental company gave us a discount for using their DJ).

    ReplyDelete