HELLO

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Five Things I wish I knew Before Buying a Veil



5 (1)

Confession, I had no intention of wearing a veil. I know, crazy right! The truth is when I was engaged, all I pictured when I thought of a veil was the giant puff of tulle on a headband. Long story short, I did learn a few things about veils that I think you should know!

1. You aren't stuck with the traditional veil.


There are so many different types of veils. If the giant puff on the headband is your style, awesome, rock it! If not, have no fear, there are many more options. There are short veils, longs veils, puffy and drape-y veils. They come in all shades and fabrics, and can have any number of embellishments on them. So don't give up on the veil just yet! There is one that is just your style.

2. Veils can be 100% custom made...without breaking the budget!


I knew I could have a veil made exactly like I wanted. What I didn't know was that it didn't have to cost my right arm to have it made. Etsy is a fabulous invention! As much as I would love to make your custom veil, I will not deprive you of the vast world of Etsy Bridal Accessories. You can have it made to match your dress, or even incorporate some of your mom or grandmothers veil/dress in the design. The options are almost endless!


3. Veil lengths


Veil lengths can be confusing, and sometimes vary from designer to designer. Here is a general guideline to give you an idea of what to order:

Elbow Length- (1)


You can also see my page on Lengths and Lingo on my website here.

4. You can get a detachable headpiece.


I wanted a really long veil, but opted for a short one instead because I didn't want to spend money on something I was only going to wear for the ceremony. I had no idea that I could have a veil made with a detachable headpiece! It's the best of both worlds! Wear the long veil for the ceremony then just detach it from the headpiece for the reception. You still have a little something gorgeous in your hair and you don't have to lug around a long, heavy veil all night! Perfection!

5. Your style is the right style.


I have brides ask me all the time if the veil they want is "right for them." Yes. You will look 10x more amazing in the veil that you love, as opposed to the one your sister's best friend's mom loves. If you want a birdcage veil, but think you look ridiculous in it, get it custom made. Chances are having it made a little bigger or smaller will make it look just right! Really this applies to your whole look. The only opinions that really matter on your wedding day are yours and your man's. Be you. Confidence is your most attractive quality!

Julia

 
 

 

4 comments:

  1. I had no idea there was such a thing as a detachable veil. I know a lot of brides who would love that piece of info. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, handy to have the different veil lengths!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo! The veil is often the last thing thought about and your post shares some great info for thought. I am a big fan of bird cage veils. They are so chic and a perfect touch for the bride that wants to have just a little something.

    ReplyDelete