HELLO

Sunday, December 7, 2014

It’s Date Night! What are You Wearing?


Greetings!
I'm so pleased to have my first guest blogger on the BLOG! This is exciting because the  topic of date night styling and fashion goes perfect with engagement season. Love is in the air! Enjoy!



By: Lei-Loni Greenhow of Fashion blog Clothe Your Curves


I love any reason to dress up and feel girlie, so bring on Date nights! Going out with my husband tends to be on the casual side, but once in awhile I get all dolled up.  For relationships new or more seasoned, dates nights can be a great a way to spend time moreor reconnect with your partner, and it doesn’t hurt to look good while doing it! Now let me clarify, looking great does not mean dressing completely out of character. Wearing heels or a body-con dress to create this fantasy look on your first date can be nice, but if you’re not comfortable; you’ll be pulling and wobbling all night! The focus should be on having a good time and not how uncomfortable you feel.


Perfect example, when I was in college I went on a date with a guy who I met at a home improvement store. When we met, I was wearing jeans, an over-sized shirt and some sneakers. You know, comfy stuff. On the date, I listened to my friends and went all out (in our early 20’s mindset)! Fitted shirt, tight jeans, heels, make-up; I thought I was doin’ it! His reaction; surprised of course, but as the date progressed my shirt kept rolling up, my “tight” jeans were way too tight, and our long romantic stroll was cut short, because my feet hurt. He could tell I was uncomfortable, and what made it worse was him telling me that he was expecting for me to look the way I did when we met! The moral of this story is BE COMFORTABLE, and most of all BE YOURSELF!

With that in mind, checkout some of these date looks and see if one speaks to you!


Lunch Date
If you're still one of the lucky few that take more than a half hour lunch, why not try a casual lunch date? Great for first dates or a chance to reconnect!







Casual Date Wear
Date night does not always mean getting dressed up. You can feel just as amazing in a pair of boyfriend jeans and a tee!
              




So Fancy

Planning to go somewhere special or a few notches above your normal dining routine? Get fancy in this gorgeous look!


    
Photo Source


What’s are some of  your favorite date night looks? Does your spouse/fiancé have a favorite they love to see you in?


Find More from Lei-Loni on:
Blog

Instagram

Twitter

13 comments:

  1. It really depends on what we're doing & the season - most times it's a casual dinner & a movie - but during this time of year I try to wear a dressy sweater with a nice pair of jeans or dress slacks. If we're going somewhere nice to eat then I will put on a nice dress or a pretty top & skirt with tights & heels or heeled boots. Accessories also help to make or break the outfit too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love sweater weather. It's gives you a reason to snuggle up. Plus you get to rock cute boots and booties, which with I'm currently obsessed.

      Delete
  2. I must admit I LOVE getting all fancy and girlie. It's ME! But once in a while I go for the relaxed and casual look. Whichever I choose I MUST have my accessories. I cannot do without them. Awesome post Clarissa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love accessories too! I have a stock pile!!

      Delete
  3. I love to wear tight jeans, boots, and a fun top with just a touch of my sexiest lip gloss and fragrance...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, smelling good always goes a long way!! :)

      Delete
    2. Nikki,
      Hello, Blushing Bride to be! I LOVE lip gloss as well. Fitted jeans paired with some sexy boots is always a nice look. Oh, yes and smelling great ( I love sweet scents) body splash, or a light scented perfume!

      Congrats again on your upcoming 2015 Wedding!


      Clarissa

      Delete
  4. Great story and I totally agree "Be comfortable and most of all, be yourself".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I agree! You want to feel good in your own skin. Being yourself and feeling good about who you are! Also, when you feel good that builds a lot of confidence!

      Clarissa - The Sweetest Thing Events

      Delete
  5. I have to admit, my hubby and I don't do "date night." We don't have kids and we are both home bodies so for us, a movie and dinner at home is the ultimate. But when it comes to dressing I do dress with him in mind with my comfort as the final say. I don't really do heels except for boots so I am so there with the jeans, a trendy top accessories and boots. I love your photos because they look like they give a curvy plus sized chic some consideration. Thanks Clarissa for introducing us to this wonderful fashion blogger, I will definitely be following her blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Courtney, thank you for reading my blog! I'm so excited about my first guest blogger. I enjoyed this post as well.

      Yes, the photos are so helpful and nice. I hope this gives you some good ideas when planning your date night with your husband.

      Your welcome! Happy you loved this post!



      Clarissa

      Delete
  6. Date night is so important for the hubby and I. This is such a great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a must! Keeps everything fresh and fun. Being stylish, and trendy makes you feel good on your date!

      Thanks for reading!


      Clarissa

      Delete