HELLO

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Surprise Getaway to Callaway Gardens

~watching the water fall~
Seeing this waterfall inside the gardens was so peaceful ....I just had to capture the water falling....




This flower caught my eye! I just loved the color.......



This is one of the first flowers we saw as we walked into the gardens...





Pretty flowers

I would love for my yard to look like this ....very pretty!


Look at all those bananas in that tree!



~The Beach~

I had to take a picture of this! This was a sight to see...some young guys had buried this boy in the sand...I just thought WOW look at all that sand on top of him!


My foot prints in the sand...It was nice walking on the beach, I stopped and pressed my feet into the sand.
These are a few pictures I captured from the surprise vacation I planned! It was really nice~

I surprised my honey and planned a weekend in Callaway Gardens in Pine Mountain, Georgia......they have great affordable packages too! http://www.callawaygardens.com/
Oh it was hot when we went (95 degrees) whew! The first day we arrived we did a 2 hour bike ride, I haven't been on a bike in almost 13 years ....it took some time for me to adjust. We fed the fish, and turtles while we were on the trail. We stopped at the Butterfly Gardens, ohhhh I love butterflies it was amazing...we rode our bikes to each garden (we rode at least 10 miles altogether) it was a long stretch between each garden (you do have the option to drive)....we walked along the beach and had dinner later that evening at the hotel. Then after dinner we had a late night swim at the swimming pool right outside our hotel room.

This was a refreshing getaway to Callaway Gardens located 70 miles outside of Atlanta, Georgia. It is so much to do there from golf, paddle boats, bike trail, beach, swimming pools, beautiful hotel rooms, butterfly garden, the heritage center, and more......

If you live in the Georgia area or planning on coming anytime soon this would be a GREAT getaway. Hope you enjoyed the pics! Have a sweet day!






No comments:

Post a Comment