HELLO

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Distractions - and setting boundaries






  
Distractions are always around us, especially with smart phones, tablets, iPads, ect... Balancing so much in your day to day life. It's so easy to be distracted and thrown off task.

 I know that social media, email, and apps all installed on my smart phone it's very easy for me to get distracted. I have lots of notifications going off all the time. 
I certainly get distracted by my phone, and I have already started to make changes. I'm taking small steps, in efforts to cut down on the distractions coming from my phone!




Here are some steps I'm putting into place to create bounderies! 

#1) Have set times "daily" that I check and respond to emails. Only between those hours I will read, and reply. I will make exceptions, if needed. 

#2) I also, have a set time that I will check my phone App notifications. 

#3) I will look at my Apps on my smart phone device and decide what notifications I can consider turning off. 

#4) I want to put into place certain times when I "un-plug" and put the phone in a silence mode or Do Not Disturb ( or just turn the phone completely off). 

#5) I want to create a special place in my home where I can leave the phone and be "un-plugged" during special times, especially during family time. 




Applying discipline and those steps above;  will propel me in the right direction. Distractions can take you away from the most important elements in your life. You can waste valuable time ( time you can't get back)! 








Note: This blog post was inspired by Natalie Sission 15-Day blog challenge.





Have a Sweet Day, 
Clarissa 

Photography credit:Pinterest
Written by: Clarissa



No comments:

Post a Comment