HELLO

Friday, January 9, 2015

30 Something ...Facts about me!








I decided for one of my first 2015 posts will be all about me! I threw in a few fun facts as well!  A lot of times, current and prospective clients ask me questions like how did I get started, ... what's my favorite part of planning, ect... so here are 30 something facts! Enjoy! 

#1 I have been planning weddings and events for over a decade. I began planning weddings in my home town/state of Kansas City, Missouri.

#2 I was inspired to start planning by my mother. Growing up, my mother always planned such Awesome parties for me (Social events, Birthday Parties, Slumber Parties, ect,...) 

#3 -The first wedding I planned, was a Valentine's Day weekend wedding in Kansas City, Missouri. It was a intimate church wedding with a off site reception. 

#4 - My favorite food is Pizza! 

#5 I love making diaper cakes and homemade decorations for baby showers, along with event styling (yes, I plan Baby Showers, Bridal Showers, ect...). 

#6 I was born in raised in the Midwest of Kansas City, Missouri (raised by two amazing parents) and now reside in Georgia. I'm the youngest of three children! 

#7 As a child I played several instruments, piano, violin, french horn, and clarinet. I played in a band/orchestra in high school and participated in band competitions. 

#8 I have an amazing husband, and 2 beautiful children (boy & girl), and 2 doggies (a Shih Tzu, and Cocker Spaniel). 


#9 I love planning full service, and "day of coordination" weddings but I also love planning "marriage proposals" I'm a sucker for romance! 

#10 One of my favorite things about wedding planning is meeting the clients. The Bridal Consultations are one of best times; I get to hear all about their wedding. Mostly, I love to sit back and listen to their love story! 


#11 - I got started planning weddings for my friends! A lot of my close friends were engaged and pregnant (Bridal showers, Baby Showers, Bachelorette Parties, and more).  Also, I had a book club, and I always planned all the social events for the club. The book club members asked me to plan their personal events and weddings.  

#12 I am a co-host for a wedding talk show podcast called, "Bridal Style Blog Podcast" catch the show every other Wednesday at 8:00pm EST/7 CST. 

#13 When I was coming up with a name for my business The Sweetest Thing Events. I was inspired by the name of my favorite movie (one of my favorites!) The Sweetest Thing! But, my absolute favorite movie of all times is Love Jones ( I have watched it probably over a thousand times)! 

#14 My hobbies - spending time with my husband and kids, listening to music, NPR is one of my favorite radio stations (the classical music and news are the best), reading (I love the library) I can spend hours and hours in there, blogging, participating in 5K walk/run, planning parties, events and weddings (of course)! Love to travel, blog, and chit chat with people I love ( text/talk/email). 

#15 - Marriage proposals - not only am I a wedding planner, but a marriage proposal planner ( aka a LOVE-O-Logist). I planned an amazing "proposal" Valentine's Day weekend, and later ended up planning the couples beautiful wedding (it seem that a lot of magic happens around Valentine's Day; from my 1st wedding I planned to this). 

#16 - I have been blogging for over 5 years, and I absolutely love it! 

#17 - My favorite color is purple! I streaked my hair purple once (true statement)! It was fun! 

#18 - My husband and I love to go to the mountains in Blue Ridge, Georgia along with Gatlingburg & Pigeon Forge, TN (we have been going at least 2-3 times a year for the past 10 years). 

#19 -  My very first pet, was a all white cat named, "Sugar". 


#20 - I love tons of romance, and after decorating a Bride & Groom Suite for the night of their wedding... the concierge  told the couple out of his 12 years as a employee at the Ritz Carlton. He went on to say that he's never seen a room set-up so beautiful (that brought a instant smile to my face).

#21 - My first destination wedding was 250 miles away in Savannah, Georgia. This wedding was on the most popular date of the year 10.10.10! It was a beautiful outdoor wedding in a historic courtyard. The cocktail hour took place poolside; and lastly the reception was in a stunning ballroom. Fact: over 13,000 couples got married that day! 

 
#22 - I became the co-host of Bridal Style Blog Podcast in Spring of 2014 during the 2nd season. Also, I met up with the host of the show this year, and we attended New York Bridal Market and Bridal Fashion week together!

#23 - I got married in Georgia, in a intimate wedding with 50+ guests surrounded by close friends and family. We had our honeymoon in Chattanooga, TN ( we also drove up to Gatlingburg & Pigeon Forge, TN). As you can tell we really love the mountains! 

#24 - I renewed my wedding vows recently 10.14.2014 in New York! It was a intimate vow renewal with just my husband and I. It was amazing, fun, and very romantic! 

#25 - I have to mention that I have a heart for giving back, volunteering, and have participated with feeding the homeless, and serving and baking for a homeless shelter. I also volunteer at the church I attend. I love GOD! 

#26 - I have one tattoo (I've had it since 1998)!  

#27 One of the first baby showers I planned was in Kansas City, Missouri. It was co-ed with 50 + guests! I drove over 800 miles away, and planned the entire event from Georgia.

#28 - My hair is natural and has been since 2010.  

#29 - I am a certified Cake Decorator, and I love to bake and decorate cakes! I'm certified through Wilton's ( however, I am not a Cake Designer by trade).  

#30 - My very first job was at a place in a mall food court called "Amigos". I was 15 years old. 

#31 - I love vintage-rustic themes, I'm a lover for old, vintage pieces, dresses, veils, and decor! 

#32 - I like participating in Twitter Chats, Twitter Parties, hosting Instagram bridal giveaways, my favorite social media platform is Instagram. 

Bonus Fact:  I love Glitter #thatsAll

I hope you enjoyed learning some facts about me! This was a fun blog post to write! Happy New Year everyone! 

Have a Sweet Day, 
Clarissa 



9 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your post and learning more about you! We have a few things in common. Keep up the good work! I look forward to reading your future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post? I enjoyed learning a bit more about you. AND of course we have a few things in common. You are an amazing woman. Blessings and love to you😃

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice way to get to know more about you. We have really connected via social media but if you can't meet face to face, I must say your getting to know you post was the next best thing. By the way, I love the mountains in Tennessee, too. We used to go every year for a couple's get together. Best trips ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heyyyy... even I have one tattoo :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved reading the facts about you. BTW, I'm originally from TN not the mountain area but West TN :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also enjoy reading and knowing you better by your post. Looks like to me that you are such a nice and warm person, and I'm happy that i meet you on the net. Wish you successful year in every fields.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great facts about you - you should feel really proud of all your accomplishments & all that you do to give back to others!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice getting to know a little bit about the sweet lady from the Wednesday Twitter chat!! Great blog. I believe I was right when I decided you were a cool person from that. ; )
    Did you ever visit Lake of the Ozarks when you lived in KC? That's my stomping grounds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So nice getting to know a little bit about the sweet lady from the Wednesday Twitter chat!! Great blog. I believe I was right when I decided you were a cool person from that. ; )
    Did you ever visit Lake of the Ozarks when you lived in KC? That's my stomping grounds.

    ReplyDelete